For more than 30 years, the attorneys of Janet, Jenner & Suggs, LLC have worked to uncover medication, hospital and doctor errors; dangerous drugs and defective medical products; and toxic site hazards. In the process we have obtained substantial verdicts and settlements for our clients, some of them record-breaking. Our legal expertise and advocacy for our clients have earned the attorneys and firm the highest recognition for ethical conduct and professional excellence among leading peer review organizations.
Advocating for Change
We have gone beyond the courtroom to help provide more legal rights for injured people. Through our successful cases , our medical malpractice and birth injury attorneys have:
- Been instrumental in developing a national nonprofit organization, Cerebral Palsy Family Network, to help families find resources and share information nationwide.
- Secured the right for medical malpractice victims to hold negligent physicians/employees of the District of Columbia accountable for negligence, even when the employer is immune from being sued.
- Established in Maryland that brain-damaged children may receive compensation for future life care expenses, even when their parents’ claim for those expenses is barred by a statute of limitations.
- Established in Maryland that if a physician fraudulently conceals the cause of death the deadline for filing a wrongful death action can be extended.
- Helped defeat state and national legislation that would curtail the legal rights of victims of medical and pharmaceutical malpractice.